“4D High Resolution” is high resolution performance unique to FUJINON lenses.
It maintains a highly consistent image sharpness from the center to the edges, while mitigating degradation of resolution caused by changes in the shooting distance or aperture.
This enables consistent delivery of high-resolution images under a wide variety of installation and shooting conditions.
1.Floating Design Technology
- The lenses are designed to show the best resolution at the shooting distance most commonly used (designed distance). At this distance, the aberrations (color fringe/peripheral blur/distortion) are ideally corrected.
- Although conventional lens design technology optimally controlled aberration at the designed distance, aberration occurred at other distances and lowered resolution. The wide angle lens in particular had issues with its tendency for curvature of field (peripheral blur).
- The HF-12M series has implemented “floating design technology”. “Floating lens elements” behind the iris move to focus and enable the HF-12M series to retain its highest resolution regardless of the shooting distance.
2. Eccentricity Adjustment Technology
- Misalignment of the axis of the lenses during the manufacturing process prevents the intended performance from being exhibited. It is crucial to align the axis of the lenses to the micrometer level during its manufacturing process.
- The HF-12M series realized high-resolution consistent all the way to the periphery of the image. This is accomplished by detecting all lens core misalignment using proprietary inspection equipment of Fujifilm manufacturing technology and aligning the whole lens constructions with micrometer level adjustments.
Lenses are misaligned
Highly consistent image sharpness
even along the edges.
the resolution along the edges.
- Fujifilm’s proprietary manufacturing technology is utilized by applying the precision technology needed for manufacturing broadcast lenses that require high-dimensional and consistent qualities, to the manufacture of miniature lenses such as camera modules for mobile phones.
3. Glass matching technology (Fujifilm original optical design software “FOCUS”)
- “Lateral chromatic aberration (color fringe)” is the main cause for the drop in resolution when changing the aperture value. Due to the different refractive index of the wavelength, imaging position sometimes differs by colors. This leads to the color fringing at the edge of the frame. To control of this aberration combination of the glass materials matters. While general glass materials can correct only the 2 colors of RGB(Red, Green, Blue), Extra-low Dispersion glass material enables the correction of all three colors at high level.
- By implementing glass with Extra-low Dispersion characteristics to control lateral chromatic aberration, the HF-12M series have succeeded to maintain the high resolution even when changing the aperture value.
- Fujifilm’s has developed its original lens design software “FOCUS (Fujifilm Optical Class Library and Utilities System)”, which enables to decide the best glass materials from the infinite combination of possibilities.
“4D High Resolution”This video explains FUJINON lenses’ unique “4D High Resolution” performance.
If you need more information on Fujinon Product Information, please kindly send your enquiry at here.